Getting Started - Faculty
Welcome to the University of Arizona! This list is meant to provide you with a quick overview of some of the many digital resources you may need as a faculty member at the UA and to direct you to answers to any questions you may have.
Departments, colleges, and programs may have their own IT resources for faculty and students—check with your IT staff for resources specific to you.
Faculty teaching remotely, find curriculum design advice, software use webinars, classroom reservation information, and nore gathered at Online Instruction Resources.
A UA email account, UAConnect365, is automatically created for you, [yournetid]@email.arizona.edu, when you create your NetID and password. Email is the official means of communication between the university and you, and you are responsible for checking email for notices and policies. Some departments may also use a departmental email address or system.
Connect to the Network:
- WiFi Connection: To connect your computer, laptop, or mobile device to the fast, secure campus wireless network, choose UAWiFi and use your UA NetID and password to log in.
- Wired Network: To connect a computer, laptop, or other device to the campus wired network, you will need to register your machine, using the DHCP directions for Wired Internet Registration.
- Virtual Private Network (VPN): If you are working from an off campus network and want to access secured systems, you will need to log in to the UA VPN (virtual private network).
Software Downloads provides free or very low cost software available to UA students, faculty, and staff.
- Get free Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Creative Cloud, Sophos antivirus, SolidWorks, Matlab, AutoDesk, and more.
Accessibilty and Assistive Technologies:
- Disability Resource Center and Assistive Technology Resources provide assistive technologies
- itAccessibility provides information and resources about accessibility for instructors, web developers, or anyone creating digital resources—such as websites, documents, and videos.
- Antivirus/Anti Malware software
- Learn to keep your identity, your data, and the campus network secure at security.arizona.edu.
Other Useful IT Resources
- Teaching and Learning services for technologies used in courses.
- Research Computing Resources
- Communication and Collaboration services for resources and tools to support your work.
- University Applications for the student, employee, financial, and other university systems.
- Computing Policies