- Service Overview
- Eligibility & Costs
- Support, How-To’s & Info
NOTE: The University will be turn on Basic Zoom Phone service July 31, 2021. UITS will be transitioning University telephone numbers to licensed Zoom Phone numbers over 2021-2022. See the Zoom Phone Project page for more information.
Zoom Phone is a softphone service integrated into the Zoom application. The University's service includes two levels:
- Basic Zoom Phone service for all faculty, staff, student workers, emeritus, and DCCs who have a University Zoom account. This is an internal extension for placing calls extension to extension within the University.
- Licensed Zoom Phone number for those who need to place or receive phone calls external to the University as part of their regular work processes. This is a 10-digit University phone number.
Zoom Phone benefits include:
- Make and receive calls from your existing Zoom app on your desktop, laptop, or mobile phone or tablet
- Use your cell phone for work calls without having to use your cell number
- Headset can be requested for using with calls over computer/laptop
- Desk phone available if needed
- Voicemail with automated transcription included
- Easily move from a voice call to Zoom Meeting (videoconferencing and desktop sharing)
- Intelligent call routing and auto attendants available
- Accessibility features
- Supports 911 calling
If you need a University phone number to make or receive phone calls external to the University as part of your regular work processes, get a KFS number from your business manager and contact Telecommunications Services at UITS-Telco@arizona.edu or (520) 621-8999.
All faculty, staff, student workers, emeritus, and DCCs who have a University Zoom account.
Monthly service and basic equipment is provided by UITS to University departments. Capital construction projects should include in their budget funds to cover telecommunications and network installation and equipment.
Third party entities (non-University departments) are charged for service and equipment.
International phone calling is available on request and charged to a departmental account number.
Wireless headsets are charged the cost difference over a wired headset. See Zoom Phone Equipment.
Contact the 24/7 Support Center
Find extensive information and how-to's for Zoom Phone on Zoom's support pages.
See University of Arizona specific information below.