University Students, Faculty, and Staff are welcome to use any available computer or get in-person support during a tech zone's open hours. Log in to a lab computer with NetID and password.
OSCR Tech Zones feature
The labs are staffed by OSCR consultants who can assist you with your computing and software questions. They can also provide assistance with campus technical topics including
- downloading and installing anti-virus software
- installing the Duo app for NetID+
- setting up computers to access university networks
- setting up / using VCAT for your academic needs
They will also assist with troubleshooting issues with your personally owned devices.
Locations & Hours
- To use the labs you must abide by ALL University of Arizona policies (i.e. Approved Use of University Computing and Communication Equipment and the UA Student Code of Conduct). See all IT related policies: it.arizona.edu/policies
- You must be a current student, faculty, staff or affiliate with a NetID and password to use an OSCR computer.
- Please limit your use to one computer at a time.
- Drinks in sealed containers are allowed; however, they must be placed on the floor at your workstation.
Please be mindful when consuming food or beverages at workstations and keep the area clean, as it is a shared community space.
- If the lab is staffed, the consultant's phone is for OSCR staff use only.
- Lab may be subject to reservation.
- No animals are allowed except assistive service animals.
- Use of tobacco products is not allowed.
- Please be courteous to others using the lab.
- OSCR and the University of Arizona assumes no liability for possessions left in the labs.
- If your behavior is disruptive, you will be asked to leave.
- Individual computers cannot be saved, held, and/or reserved ahead of time. If you need a computer for a long-running task, please notify the lab consultant.
See also policies for in-person tech support.