Getting Started - Staff
Welcome to the University of Arizona! This list is meant to provide you with a quick overview of some of the many digital resources you may need as an employee at the UA and to direct you to answers to any questions you may have.
Departments, colleges, and programs may have their own IT resources for employees—check with your IT staff for resources specific to you.
Staff working remotely, find software links, resources, support links, and work-from-home advice gathered at Technology for Working Remotely.
- A UA email account, UAConnect, is automatically created for you, [yournetid]@email.arizona.edu, when you create your NetID and password.
- Email is the official means of communication between the university and you, and you are responsible for checking email for notices and policies.
- Some departments may also use a departmental email address or system.
Connect to the Network:
- WiFi Connection: To connect your computer, laptop, or mobile device to the fast, secure campus wireless network, choose UAWiFi and use your UA NetID and password to log in.
- Wired Network: To connect a computer, laptop, or other device to the campus wired network, you will need to register your machine, using the DHCP directions for Wired Internet Registration.
- Virtual Private Network (VPN): If you are working from an off campus network and want to access secured systems, you will need to log in to the UA VPN (virtual private network).
See Software Downloads for information on free or very low cost software available to UA students, faculty, and staff.
Accessibilty and Assistive Technologies:
- Disability Resource Center and Assistive Technology Resources provide assistive technologies
- itAccessibility provides information and resources about accessibility for instructors, web developers, or anyone creating digital resources—such as websites, documents, and videos.
- Antivirus/Anti Malware software
- Learn to keep your identity, your data, and the campus network secure at security.arizona.edu.
Other Useful IT Resources:
- Teaching and Learning services for technologies used in courses.
- Communication and Collaboration services for resources and tools to support your work.
- University Applications for the student, employee, financial, and other university systems.
- Research Computing Resources
- Computing Policies
- Human Resources also has information for new employees.
If you have suggestions for other digital resources you think employees should know about, email firstname.lastname@example.org.