New measure effective March 31 for full-time employees
The University of Arizona fosters an information security culture and is committed to protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of its information systems and resources. The Information Security Awareness Training policy is a state of Arizona requirement and educates members of the University community about their responsibilities to keep our institution safe from ever-evolving cybersecurity threats.
The University is implementing a new measure to ensure compliance with this policy. Beginning Friday, March 31, NetID and access to University systems will be disabled for full-time faculty and staff members who have not completed the Information Security Awareness training in EDGE Learning after receiving a 30-day advance notice.
- On Tuesday, Feb. 28, the EDGE Learning system will send an email to full-time employees who are overdue in completing their five-minute renewal certification or who need to complete their initial 34-minute training by March 31.
- Full-time employees who do not complete the training prior to Friday, March 31, will be unable to log in to University systems that require a NetID (e.g., WebAuth, Outlook, D2L, Zoom, Teams, Box and UAccess). EDGE Learning will be the only University system available to them until they have completed the training.
- This compliance measure will apply to the initial training and annual renewal certification for full-time employees moving forward.
Note: Several email notifications will be sent to noncompliant employees and their supervisors prior to the March 31 deadline. Training status in available in your EDGE Learning Profile.
The new compliance measure will be implemented for part-time faculty and staff members, student workers, and graduate assistants and associates later this spring and for designated campus colleagues (DCCs) this summer.
Resources and support
• About Information Security Awareness Training
• To verify your completed trainings, log into EDGE Learning.
• For help accessing EDGE Learning: 24/7 Support Center.
• For questions about EDGE Learning team: email@example.com