Information Technology Service Management
Information Technology Service Management (ITSM), through our enterprise cloud-based solution ServiceNow helps customers automate business processes, build business-critical workflows, and govern low-code application development.
IT Service Management (ITSM) services refer to a set of practices and processes designed to plan, deliver, manage, and support information technology services effectively and efficiently within an organization. These services encompass a wide range of activities, including incident and problem resolution, change management, service request fulfillment, configuration and asset management, and more. ITSM focuses on aligning IT services with the university's needs and objectives, ensuring a high level of service quality, customer satisfaction, and compliance with industry standards and regulations. By employing ITSM services, the university can create transparency in IT operations, enhance communication and collaboration, and continuously improve our service delivery, ultimately contributing to the overall success of the university mission.
UITS has many service offerings deployed on our instances to support collaboration and accessibility to services used across the campus. UITS utilizes ServiceNow for IT Service Management, Customer Service Management, Access Management, Knowledge Management, Change Management, Agent Workspace, Reports and Dashboards, Surveys, IT Operations Management, and Integrations/Automations with other systems.
- Over 150 service offerings in the Service Catalog.
- More than 551 current published knowledge articles.
- Integrations are built with UAIR Data Warehouse, Workspace One UEM for end point management, and People Soft for access management.
- BlueCat integration and Automations for efficiency in managing requests.
- Incident Management, Request Management, and Interactions (24/7) for supporting campus users.
- Configuration Management Database (CMDB) for managing configuration items.
- Asset Management for tracking assets
- Agile Development for managing workload.