Getting Started - Students
Welcome to the University of Arizona! This list is meant to provide you with a quick overview of some of the many digital resources you may need as a student at the UA and to direct you to answers to any questions you may have. Departments, colleges, and programs may have their own IT resources for students—check with your instructor or program coordinator for resources specific to you.
A UA email account, Catmail, is automatically created for you, [yournetid]@email.arizona.edu, when you create your NetID and password.
Connect to the Network:
- WiFi Connection: To connect your computer, laptop, or mobile device to the fast, secure campus wireless network, choose UAWiFi and use your UA NetID and password to log in.
- Wired Network: To connect a computer, laptop, or other device to the campus wired network, you will need to register your machine, using the directions in DHCP.
- Virtual Private Network (VPN): If you are working from an off campus network and want to access secured systems, you will need to log in to the UA VPN (virtual private network).
Software Downloads provides free or very low cost software available to UA students, faculty, and staff.
Accessibilty and Assistive Technologies:
- Disability Resource Center and Assistive Technology Resources provide assistive technologies
- itAccessibility provides information and resources about accessibility for instructors, web developers, or anyone creating digital resources—such as websites, documents, and videos.
- Antivirus/Anti Malware software
- Learn to keep your identity, your data, and the campus network secure at security.arizona.edu.
Other Useful IT Resources:
- Teaching and Learning services for technologies used in courses.
- Communication and Collaboration services for resources and tools to support your work.
- University Applications for the student, employee, financial, and other university systems.
- Research Computing Resources
- Computing Policies