Students supported in getting hands on with electronics and engineering, 3D design and digital fabrication, and traditional craft skills
Makezine recently published an unranked list of the top 200 higher education institutions worldwide that demonstrate excellence or competency in:
- Integrated learning-through-doing orientation
- Mentoring / guidance / coaching for making
- Physical makerspaces / fab labs / workshops / studios
- Accessible spaces and tools that support independent, collaborative projects
- A diverse, active community of makers
This year, for the first time, Make: has teamed with Newsweek to seek out the Best Maker Schools in Higher Education. Nominated by our unique global community of makers, educators, and Maker Faire leaders, we’ve found 200 great maker schools — powerhouse universities with vast resources, lesser-known schools with amazing programs, and standout community colleges, vocational and trade schools. Large or small, these are the schools that have invested in innovative maker-focused programs and on-campus makerspaces, the schools that makers themselves want to attend to deepen their skills and broaden their scope.