The Office of Student Computing Resources (OSCR) and the 24/7 IT Support Center employ many student workers, eligible for Federal Work-Study. They are looking for student workers with
- great customer service skills
- an interest in working with people and helping them with computer related questions and problems
- a willingness to learn new and more in-depth technical skills
Must be able to work a minimum of 10 hours a week and be available 7 days prior to both the Fall and Spring semesters.
Apply at any time. When an opening comes up, managers will review applications on file. If they select your application, they will call or email you to set up an interview. If you applied in prior semesters, and you are still interested in working for OSCR or the 24/7, please re-apply with your current schedule. When any other student position is open at the Office of the CIO, it will also be listed here.
The University of Arizona participates in the US Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify program. For more information, download:
Office of Student Computing Resources
All OSCR student workers begin in the Computer Lab Consultant position, and may later move into other positions. The position has a permanent posting in Career Services’ Wildcat JobLink system.
- Visit http://career.arizona.edu/jobs/wildcat-joblink and click Log in to Wildcat JobLink; log in with your UA NetID and password.
- Select Jobs & Campus Interviews from the Jobs tab.
- Search for “Computer Lab Consultant”.
- Follow the directions for applying for the position.
24/7 IT Support Center
Apply for 24/7 Technical Consultant at any time through the online application found at http://uits.arizona.edu/uits-job-app.