Get Started guides for students, faculty, staff, and visitors provide a quick overview of campus IT they'll be able to access. Click on the following links for your specific guide:
The following list will help students, faculty and staff get started with email, connecting to the UA network, IT help and more!
A UA email account, is automatically created for you when you create your NetID and password. Email is the University's official means of communication with you, so be sure to check it often.
- CatMail for students ([yournetid]@email.arizona.edu)
- UAConnect365 for faculty, staff, and DCCs ([yournetid]@arizona.edu)
Connect to the Network:
- WiFi Connection: To connect your computer, laptop, or mobile device to the fast, secure campus wireless network, choose UAWiFi and use your UA NetID and password to log in.
- Wired Network: To connect a computer, laptop, or other device to the campus wired network, you will need to configure your machine or sign-in with the protal, using the how-to instructions at Wired Network Registration.
- See Dorm Data Services for more information on connecting your devices in the dorms.
- Virtual Private Network (VPN): If you are working from an off campus network and want to access secured systems, you will need to log in to the UA VPN (virtual private network).
See Software Downloads for information on free or very low cost software available to UA students, faculty, and staff.
Accessibilty and Assistive Technologies:
- Disability Resource Center and Assistive Technology Resources provide assistive technologies
- itAccessibility provides information and resources about accessibility for instructors, web developers, or anyone creating digital resources—such as websites, documents, and videos.
- Antivirus/Anti Malware software
- Learn to keep your identity, your data, and the campus network secure at security.arizona.edu.
Other Useful IT Resources:
- Teaching and Learning services for technologies used in courses.
- Communication and Collaboration services for resources and tools to support your work.
- University Applications for the student, employee, financial, and other university systems.
- Research Computing Resources
- Computing Policies