Research Computing Overview
University Information Technology Services offers several research computing services co-funded by the Office of Research, Innovation & Impact (RII) and available to all members of the UA campus community. These include high performance computing and storage available at no charge in the Research Data Center and server housing space available in the Research Colocation Data Center. In addition, free software, tools, and consulting are available for research computing, data visualization, and statistics. These services are overseen by the Research Computing Governance Committee.
- Other helpful links for UA researchers include
- InCommon Federation Partner Login Instructions for using NetID to log in to Research.gov and other partner sites.
- Research Gateway provides information on Development, Adminstration, Compliance and Resources.
- Core Facilities — Research, Discovery & Innovation oversees many shared research facilities. This extensive offering provides faculty, scientists and students with access to not only to the latest instrumentation, but also to experienced staff with expertise in designing and conducting experiments and analyzing data. In addition to high-quality scientific services, many of these facilities also offer training and education.
- CyVerse, national cyberinfrastructure for life sciences research.
- Data Management Resources is the University Libraries' center for information to support federal agency data management requirements.
- Research Bazaar Arizona is a community of research students, faculty, and staff who can help with skills development and questions about computational research and data science.