UITS Employee Resources
New employees of University Information Technology Services, as well as long-term employees, can find useful information here on staff resources available at the University of Arizona.
Begin with our Getting Started - Staff page for getting started with IT services at the University of Arizona. If you are technical staff, there are additional links at Getting Started - IT Professionals.
Jump below to:
- Human Resources
- Alerts and Emergencies
- Box@UA (document storage)
- Email, Calendaring, and Instant Messaging
- Employee Engagement Council
- Meal Plans
- Parking and Transportation Services
- Technical Support
- Time Reporting for Payroll
- UA Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- Other Useful Websites
- Tours and Fun
- UAlert is an all-campus notification system operated by the Critical Incident Response Team (UACIRT). Subscribe at cirt.arizona.edu/ualert in order to receive messages about campus emergencies via text and/or email.
- UITS Incident Alerts Manager is a campus-wide alert for IT incidents, sent by the 24/7 IT Support Center. Subscribe at incidents.uits.arizona.edu.
- All UITS employees are automatically subscribed by email.arizona.edu address to UITS Alerts regardless of location. (All non-UITS occupants of the Computer Center are also subscribed.) You can subscribe additional email or text addresses to UITS Alerts at emergencyalerts.uits.arizona.edu.
Other Transportation (CatTran, Carpooling, Bus Passes, Bicycle Programs, and more)
via phone by calling 520-626-TECH (8324).
in person at the 24/7 lobby in Slonaker House (2nd and Park).
via chat/remote desktop session at support.arizona.edu.
online via UAService. You will be provided with a reference number that will allow the 24/7 to easily track requests.
- Submit a request to via email (with as many details as possible) to UITSfirstname.lastname@example.org.
The following are required training:
- All-Employee Security Awareness Training
- Online Harassment Prevention Education Program
- Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) Training (contingent on position)
- UA Faculty/Staff page
- UA Phonebook
- Campus Maps
- UA Mobile app
- Financial Services Office
- UA Life & Work Connections