UAConnect365 FAQs - About NetID+
Yes, if you are accesing email online in OWA (Outlook Web Application). If you have not used NetID+ before, you will now have to use NetID+ when you are logging in to your email via web. It will not impact your current use of UAConnect with Outlook or other email applications. After your email moves to UAConnect365, you must have NetID+ and you will use it for both online access and email applications.
The simplest method for logging in using NetID+ is actually using a phone call (landline or cell phone). Simply answer the phone and press “1.” See how-to's on enrolling with a cell phone or landline, and using a phone call to log in. NOTE: You can enroll more than one phone. Enrolling a home phone, cell phone, and office phone will give you access regarless of your location.
Other login methods:
- Use Text Messaging: Enroll your cell phone, and 10 codes will be sent at a time. You will be prompted to use the next one in the sequence. Request new codes when you have used the last code in the series.
- Purchase a Yubikey hardware token: Yubikeys plug into USB ports on your computer, and can generate a code for your second factor of authentication. You will need to configure your Yubikey prior to logging in with it.
If you are using a private computer, click the “Remember this device for 30 days” button when logging in using NetID+. Whenever you are using that computer and that browser, you will only have to authenticate 12 times a year!
- Even if your mailbox has not yet migrated, be sure to have a new password and NetID+ before you leave to avoid any access issues.
- Bookmark portal.office.com so that you can log in after your mailbox moves.
- Recommended methods for NetID+ when traveling are:
- Get bypass codes via SMS text
- Purchase a Yubikey hardware token
- See the NetID+ section of Information Security's travel tips for more details