UITS is moving the UAConnect faculty/staff email and calendaring system to Microsoft’s Office 365 cloud in spring 2017, bringing a number of features:
- larger mailboxes (100 GB)
- larger size maximums for individual messages (TBD)
- online space for storage and collaboration (1 TB)
- access to web versions of Word, Excel, and other Microsoft Office applications
- downloadable Office applications for your desktop and mobile devices
- HIPAA compliant
To try Office 365 features other than email and Skype before migration, sign up for the O365 Education account from the BookStores webpage. The UA's Education account covers faculty and staff as well as students.
Who, Where, When
Who will be affected?
Everyone who currently uses UAConnect: faculty, staff, DCCs, student workers with Catworks accounts, retirees, and departmental and service accounts.
Where will I get the information I need?
Information will be available on these webpages, and from UAnnounce Memos, Lo Que Pasa, the Retiree Association, and various other campus affiliate groups. Additionally, you will receive an individual email with all the information you need when your email starts migrating.
When will the move take place?
Pilot account moves will begin in March 2017. The rest of campus will move April through summer 2017. You will be notified at the start and the completion of your email and calendar moving.
Come learn more on progrees and ask questions in person:
- Monday, February 13, 2:30-3:30 pm, SUMC Agave Room
- Wednesday, February 22, 10:30-11:30 am, SUMC Agave Room
- Tuesday, February 28, 2:00-3:00 pm, Thomas Keating Bldg (Bio5), Room 103
- Wednesday, March 8, 2:30-3:30 pm, SUMC Agave Room
- Wednesday, March 22, 10:30-11:30 am, SUMC Agave Room
- Monday, April 10, 1:30-2:30 pm, SUMC Agave Room
- Tuesday, April 11, Phoenix Biomedical Campus (room and times to be determined)
- Wednesday, April 26, 10:30-11:30 am, SUMC Agave Room
- Wednesday, May 3, 10:30-11:30 am, SUMC Agave Room
- Tuesday, May 9, 10:30-11:30 am, SUMC Agave Room
For specific questions, concerns, or suggestions, contact the UAConnect365 Project Team at email@example.com.
Contact the Project Team
Have a question about UAConnect365 you don't see answered in the FAQs, or a comment to share?
- IT representatives from colleges and other campus units participated on the committee that evaluated the choices and selected Microsoft Office 365.
- Office 365 met or exceeded all criteria in functional testing across multiple systems.
- It is secure, and in use at numerous universities across the country and around the world.
- Migrating to Office 365 will have minimal impact on your work, similar to the Exchange server upgrade in spring 2015.
- The University will avoid a $2.8 million investment in new hardware to replace aging servers and related infrastructure.
- The Project Team assembled for implementation includes representatives from the Graduate College, Bio5, Residence Life, College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, College of Education, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, and the College of Medicine.