UITS has moved the UAConnect faculty/staff email and calendaring system to Microsoft’s Office 365 cloud. All faculty, staff, student workers, DCCs, and retiree accounts have migrated. The migration included over 34,000 mailboxes.
University Information Technology Services thanks:
- The IT professionals from twelve different colleges and units who participated on the UAConnect365 Project Team throughout this process
- The IT staff from across campus who built migration batches for their departments in order to maximize support and minimize disruption
- The volunteers from seven campus departments who staffed a support kiosk in the Main Library in November for faculty and staff who did not have tech support
- larger mailboxes (100 GB)
- online space for storage and collaboration (1 TB)
- access to web versions of Word, Excel, and other Microsoft Office applications
- downloadable Office applications for your desktop and mobile devices
To view email, follow the instructions to log in to Office 365. Get more information about UAConnect365. Students have Office 365 through UA as well, although they do not have the Mail/Calendar/Skype features.
See the menu at right for more information about the UAConnect365 migration.
Who is affected?
Everyone who used UAConnect: faculty, staff, DCCs, student workers with Catworks accounts, retirees, and departmental and service accounts.
Where can I get the information I need?
Information is available on these webpages, and from UAnnounce Memos, Lo Que Pasa, the Retiree Association, and various other campus affiliate groups. Additionally, account holders received an individual email with all the information needed when email started migrating.
When will the move take place?
Migrations occurred May-November 2017. IT staff from across campus worked with UITS to determine the migration date that worked best for their department. They notified you when your email and calendar move was scheduled. Any accounts not pre-scheduled by departmental IT staff were scheduled by UITS and migrated in November.
All UAConnect Instant Messaging (Skype) accounts migrated to UAConnect365 on June 23.
Support and Information
See the menu at right for FAQ and information pages. For specific questions, concerns, or contact your IT staff, or the 24/7 IT Support Center.