UITS is moving the UAConnect faculty/staff email and calendaring system to Microsoft’s Office 365 cloud starting spring 2017, bringing a number of new features:
- larger mailboxes (100 GB—currently 50 GB, slated for upgrade from Microsoft)
- larger size maximums for individual messages (TBD)
- online space for storage and collaboration (1 TB)
- access to web versions of Word, Excel, and other Microsoft Office applications
- downloadable Office applications for your desktop and mobile devices
To try Office 365 features other than Mail/Calendar/Skype before migration, follow the instructions to log in to Office 365 now. Students have Office 365 through UA as well, although they will not be getting the Mail/Calendar/Skype features.
See the menu at right for more information about the UAConnect365 migration.
Forums are scheduled for the Student Union Memorial Center, San Pedro Room (level 3) on:
- Tuesday, June 20, 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, July 11, 1:30-2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 22, 1:30-2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 19, 1:30-2:30 p.m.
Who will be affected?
Everyone who currently uses UAConnect: faculty, staff, DCCs, student workers with Catworks accounts, retirees, and departmental and service accounts.
Where will I get the information I need?
Information will be available on these webpages, and from UAnnounce Memos, Lo Que Pasa, the Retiree Association, and various other campus affiliate groups. Additionally, you will receive an individual email with all the information you need when your email starts migrating.
When will the move take place?
Migrations will occur May-September 2017. IT staff from across campus are working with UITS to determine the migration date that works best for their department. They will notify you when your email and calendar move is scheduled.
All UAConnect Instant Messaging (Skype) accounts migrated to UAConnect365 on June 23.
July 24, 2017
- Moving this week: College of Law, OGI, College of Humanities, Human Resources, Student Affairs, Provost's Office, Budget Office, University Relations, Community Relations, MESA, Diversity Office, RDI Admin
- Scheduled for next week: SBS, General Counsel, Family & Consumer Science, Sponsored Projects, Engineering, Confluence Center, Student Union, Humanities, FSO, AZPM
- Already Migrated: 3,128 accounts — UITS, University Libraries, Graduate College, SASG Tech, College of Education, Institute of the Environment, Residence Life, College of SBS, Risk Management, CALS CCT Dev Research, College of Law, CAPLA, OGI, College of Law, OGI, College of Humanities Tech, College of Humanities
Contact the Project Team
For specific questions, concerns, or suggestions, contact the UAConnect365 Project Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a question about UAConnect365 you don't see answered in the FAQs, or a comment to share?