- Service Overview
- Eligibility & Costs
- Support, How-To’s & Info
UITS has physical servers that host virtual machines running Windows or Linux server operating systems.
- No need to purchase, maintain, or replace physical servers
- Reduced power consumption
- Disks for virtual machines are located in a SAN environment utilizing RAID 5 or better.
- Customers can administer virtual machines provisioned by UITS.
- UITS can provide server administration for the virtual machines for an additional cost.
- UITS operates multiple physical servers which host virtual machines, providing high availability and redundancy. Virtual machines can be moved to different physical hosts for load balancing, performance optimization, maintenance, and disaster recovery.
Please complete the Campus Data Center Request form and select the Virtual Infrastructure Computing Services option. A UA NetID and password are required to access the form.
This service is available to UA IT professionals.
Leasing virtual machines costs significantly less than periodically refreshing physical hardware. For pricing, please complete a Campus Service Request form and select the Request a Quote option. A UA NetID and password are required to access the form.