Virtual Email Domains
- Service Overview
- Eligibility & Costs
- Support, How-To’s & Info
The virtual email domain service allows University of Arizona departments to use UITS campus mail servers for their email without having to change their email domain names (@domain_name.arizona.edu) upon decommissioning their own mail servers. Departments are given access to a utility for management of the addresses within the virtual email domain.
- UITS will provide NetID email accounts in the email.arizona.edu domain for each user whose mail will be serviced through the virtual email domain.
- UITS will create the virtual email domain databases for each of the virtual domains.
- UITS will provide access to the domain management tool for adding and editing entries in the virtual domain. This tool maps addresses using the virtual domain to the email.arizona.edu domain.
- Clients are responsible for creating entries in the virtual domain.
- A bulk loading option is available using a tab-delimited file.
- UITS will instruct clients in the use of the domain management tool.
- UITS will configure the SMTP gateway server in the email.arizona.edu domain to provide services to the virtual domain.
- UITS will provide support for the virtual email domain.
If email quotas must be increased, clients must notify UITS of the NetID email accounts and the quota needs. UITS reserves the right to charge for email usage over the standard quota at the current rate for high-speed fiber-channel storage ($2.25/GB/year).
Clients should submit service requests through the Remedy Help Desk System into the email service group queue or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
UITS reserves the right to charge for email usage over the standard quota at the current rate for high-speed fiber-channel storage ($2.25/GB/year).