UA Computer-Based Training
- Service Overview
- Eligibility & Costs
- Support, How-To’s & Info
The University of Arizona's Computer-Based Training, offered through the Virtual Training Company (VTC), provides free 24/7 access to online tutorials covering technical topics including programming languages, graphics programs, web design, and more.
Most tutorials have between five and fifteen hours of content divided into lessons from 2-10 minutes long. Each lesson is available as a Flash, QuickTime, Adobe Air, or Adobe Air for Linux movie. Stop, start, rewind, and review each lesson as often as needed.
- Free – No cost to UA students, faculty, and staff
- Flexible – Self-paced and accessible at any time from anywhere
- Valuable – Courses can be used to prepare for certification exams
The UA's contract with VTC only allows 25 users to be logged in at any time.
UA CBT Login - Browse the library of 1000+ courses and 98,000+ video tutorials.
Students, faculty, and staff.
- No charge for online usage.
- Course downloads may be purchased directly from the vendor Virtual Training Company (VTC).
Contact the 24/7 IT Support Center
Instructions for using UACBT:
You need to have an active Internet connection, web browser and Adobe Flash Player.
- Click the UA CBT login button
- Enter your UA NetID and password in the WebAuth page
The UA's contract with the VTC only allows 25 people to be logged in at any time. If this number is exceeded, you will receive the following error message: "Your concurrent login limit is crossed. You will not be able to login now. Please try later or contact your account manager." We recommend that you try again later.
- Your Homepage lists all available categories in alphabetical order.
- Courses are listed within each category by release date, so the newest content is displayed first.
- You can search for courses by name using the search field at the top of the page.
- Once you navigate to a course page click on the section you wish to view. The video will begin playing. It I best to use headphones to hear the audio clearly.
- You can set a bookmark for the entire course or for one specific section of the course. These bookmarks will appear at the bottom of your Homepage.
- You can enter a note for yourself. These notes are saved until you delete them and can be downloaded for an entire course whenever you desire
- Use the drop down menu under your profile image (top right hand corner) to log out or navigate back to the main page (your home page
As a courtesy to others, please log out if you are not actively working on a tutorial. The system will end your session after 15 minutes of inactivity, and you will have to log back in again. This is to enable other users to use the system if you are away from your desk.
Additional Training Resources: