Research Computing Storage
- Service Overview
- Eligibility & Costs
- Support, How-To’s & Info
The University of Arizona's Research Data Center provides for storage of computational data. Using central computing storage services and resources, university researchers are able to:
- Share research data in a collaborative environment
- Store large-scale computational research data
- Request additional storage for further data analysis
Some storage is included with use of the Research Data Center. Buy-in and rental options are also available.
Storage space is available to individual researchers and departments on the UA campus who have archival or mass storage needs.
Free storage is available to Research Data Center clients:
- Home = 15 GB
- Extra = 200 GB
- Xdisk = 1 TB maximum
- Purchase storage drives to be added to DDN storage system for dedicated group storage allocation.
- Cost estimated at $6,615 for 43 TB formatted space with 5-year support contract (new purchase required; market pricing determines actual cost). 43 TB formatted (60 TB unformatted) is the smallest number of drives that can be added to the system (sets of 10 HDD).
- $39/TB/year - current approved rate - with annual, renewable payments. Market pricing determines rate.
Contact a UITS business manager at email@example.com for more information.