Research Computing Storage
- Service Overview
- Eligibility & Costs
- Support, How-To’s & Info
The University of Arizona's Research Data Center provides for high-performance computing (HPC) analysis. Using HPC storage services and resources, university researchers are able to:
- Share research data in a collaborative environment
- Analyze large-scale computational research ("big") data
- Scale up analyses
- Speed up analyses
- Free up local computing resources by using the remote HPC resources for long running analyses
Storage allocations are detailed here.
To discuss storage needs, data management plans for grants/projects, or consult about future projects, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Storage space is available to individual UArizona researchers and Principal Investigators (PIs) who need to analyze data on the high-performance computing (HPC) systems.
Longer term storage (1-5 years) can be connected to the HPC system, e.g. Google Drive, CyVerse Data Store, S3 buckets, etc. For help creating a data management workflow, plan, or any questions about research data management, please contact email@example.com.
Free storage for analysis on the UA HPC is available:
- Home = 50 GB
- PI groups = 500 GB
- Xdisk = up to 20 TB for 150 days (renewable for 150 days; max 300 days)
- Purchase storage drives to be added to HPC storage system for dedicated project/group storage.
- Cost estimated at $100,000 for 133 TB formatted space with 5-year support contract from July 1, 2020 - July 1, 2025. New purchase required; market pricing determines actual cost.