- Service Overview
- Eligibility & Costs
- Support, How-To’s & Info
NOTE: NetID+ is being added as a requirement for all campus logins in 2018. See NetID+ Requirements, below. See the NetID+ project page for more information on this rollout and support opportunities.
NetID+ is the University of Arizona's two-step authentication solution provided by Duo. Two-step authentication adds an extra layer of security to your accounts by requiring:
- Something you know (e.g., username and password)
- Something you have (e.g., second passcode, mobile device, etc.)
- You need NetID+ to log in to VPN (Virtual Private Network); Office 365 (and UAConnect365 email/calendaring and Skype); High Performance Computing / High Throughput Computing; Confluence; some UAccess Systems (e.g., Analytics, Learning, Employee Direct Deposit, Space).
- Some University online services will require NetID+ if you have enrolled in NetID+ but it is not a requirement for those not enrolled, e.g., Box@UA.
- If you enrolled in NetID+ Global, you will need to use NetID+ for all WebAuth logins.
- NetID+ requirement for all UA service logins added:
- Tuesday, April 3, 2018 - Staff and DCCs
- Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - Faculty
- Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - Retirees
- September/October 2018 - Students
Simplify your Logins
Any time you log in with NetID+, you will have the option click the checkbox to remember your NetID+ login for 30 days. This means that you will not need to go through the two-step process for WebAuth logins on that computer with that browser for the next 30 days. (You must have cookies enabled for this to work.)
Enroll in or manage your NetID+ account.
Current UA faculty, staff, and students, and retirees.
Note: NetID+ is required in order to access campus VPNs, Confluence, High Performance Computing, and some UAccess central systems when logging in from off-campus.
Contact the 24/7 IT Support Center
How Does NetID+ Work?
After you sign up for NetID+, you will complete the first authentication step by entering your UA NetID and password on the UA WebAuth page as you normally do. You can complete the second step in a variety of ways depending on your preferences and the methods available to you. These methods include:
|UA VPN Connection Overview|