High Performance Computing
- Service Overview
- Eligibility & Costs
- Support, How-To’s & Info
The University of Arizona offers free high performance computing resources in the Research Data Center (RDC), a state-of-the-art facility that hosts large computer clusters. Scientific research relies upon such systems to analyze massive amounts of collected data.
Free: Time on these systems is available at no charge to any faculty, researcher, or student who has a use for HPC systems.
Buy-In: Researchers may also buy in to these systems to receive high-priority access. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Colocation: Researchers may also have their own servers housed in a secured, monitored environment. See Research Computing Colocation.
Leverage these resources in your grant applications. See Grant Resources for more information.
Computer System Features
The systems accomodate different research computing needs with features like:
- CPUs (central processing units)
- GPUs (graphics processing units)
- Large Memory Node
Details are available at Compute Resources.
You must have an HPC account to use the Research Data Center services. Log in at https://account.arizona.edu, go to Manage your Accounts, and choose High Performance Computing. You can find more information about getting started at HPC Documentation.
HPC Software Install Request
Request software to be installed on the HPC systems in the UA Research Data Center
- UA students, faculty, or staff with research computing needs are eligible to use all of the systems in the Research Data Center.
- The systems are research resources intended for testing and running large programs, parallel-processing code, visualizations, and scientific applications. These systems are limited to research applications as defined in Section B-14 of Statute 42-5061 by the Arizona Legislature. Users are expected to utilize these resources accordingly and to use the U-System or other computing systems for non-research purposes.
- A portion of high-performance computing resources is available to departments not classified as "research" by the statute. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Time is available on the RDC systems free of charge for all UA researchers, faculty, students, and staff.
Contact the HPC infrastructure team for information on buy-in.