- Service Overview
- Eligibility & Costs
- Support, How-To’s & Info
The OSCR Gear-to-Go Center offers free loan of digital cameras, digital videocameras, 3D cameras, microphones, audio recorders, lights, and tripods for University of Arizona students, faculty, and staff for any course-related, not-for-profit purpose.
Please see the Gear-to-Go Center page for equipment, reservations, hours, and more information.
(See the University Libraries borrow technology page for their equipment checkout.)
- A CatCard is required.
- You must agree to the terms of service when booking equipment.
- Reservations of equipment can be made online, over the phone, or in person. Gear-to-Go cannot accept reservations through email or voicemail.
- Address: Computer Center, Room 214C (inside the main entrance, 1077 N. Highland Ave.)
- Phone: (520) 621-0GTG (0484)
- Equipment must be checked out from and returned to the Gear-to-Go Center.
Gear-to-Go Center equipment is available to current students, faculty, and staff of the University of Arizona. Borrowers of equipment will be required to present a valid UA CatCard at time of pickup. In order to become eligible to reserve and check out equipment, borrowers must agree to the terms and conditions of the Gear-to-Go Center. Borrowers may have their eligibility suspended or revoked due to violations of any of the Gear-to-Go policies. Any such penalties, including the length of suspensions, will be judged on a case-by-case basis.
Check out of Gear-to-Go equipment is free to UA students, faculty, and staff. Borrowers assume financial responsibility for equipment that is damaged, lost, or stolen. See Gear-to-Go Policies in Documentation.
Contact the OSCR Gear-to-Go Center
- Equipment can be reserved up to 30 days in advance.
- Most gear can be checked out for a maximum of 48 hours (business days).
- Equipment is limited to one piece of each type of equipment per person per reservation. For example, one person may check out a video camera, a tripod, and a microphone, but not two video cameras.
- Reservations can be made online, via phone, or in person. We cannot accept reservations through email or voicemail.
- To reserve, log in at Gear-to-Go, call (520) 621-0GTG (0484), or stop by the Gear-to-Go Center.
- Gear-to-Go equipment may not be used for for-profit use or taken outside of the United States.
- Borrowers must wait 24 hours after returning gear before they can reserve that type of gear again.
- Equipment is always due back in 48 hours, at date/time shown on checkout.
- For example, if the equipment is checked out on Monday at 10 AM, it will be due back on Wednesday no later than 10 AM.
- Overdue equipment will result in the immediate suspension of your borrowing privileges, and a strike will be recorded on your account. After three strikes your borrowing privileges will be revoked indefinitely.
- Items that are overdue longer than seven days will result in a suspension of your privileges for 90 days. Please speak with a manager to make arrangements in the event of extenuating circumstances at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Some items will be identified as "prior authorization required." These items will require that you provide additional information for collection purposes in the case of lost or damaged items. Apply for prior authorization status by filling out the Elevated Authorization Request Form.
- Review the Gear-to-Go Policies in Documentation.