- Service Overview
- Eligibility & Costs
- Support, How-To’s & Info
The OSCR Gear-to-Go Center offers free loan of digital cameras, digital videocameras, 3D cameras, microphones, audio recorders, lights, and tripods for University of Arizona students, faculty, and staff for any course-related, not-for-profit purpose.
Please see the Gear-to-Go Center page for more information and hours.
- A CatCard is required.
- Complete the Access Form 72 hours in advance of checking out equipment each semester.
- Reservations of equipment can be made over the phone or in person. Gear-to-Go cannot accept reservations through email or voicemail.
- Address: Computer Center, Room 214C (inside the main entrance, 1077 N. Highland Ave.)
- Phone: (520) 621-0GTG (0484)
- Equipment must be checked out from and returned to the Gear-to-Go Center. .
OSCR Gear to Go Request
Fill out each semester, 72 hours in advance of checking out equipment
Gear-to-Go Center equipment is available to current students, faculty, and staff of the University of Arizona. Borrowers of equipment will be required to present a valid UA CatCard at time of pickup. In order to become eligible to reserve and check out equipment, borrowers must fill out the Gear-to-Go Center access form and agree to the terms and conditions of the Gear-to-Go Center. Borrowers may have their eligibility suspended or revoked due to violations of any of the Gear-to-Go policies. Any such penalties, including the length of suspensions, will be judged on a case-by-case basis.
Check out of Gear-to-Go equipment is free to UA students, faculty, and staff. Borrowers assume financial responsibility for equipment that is damaged, lost, or stolen. See Gear-to-Go Policies in Documentation.
Contact the OSCR Gear-to-Go Center
- Each semester, interested borrowers must submit a request for access to Gear-to-Go 72 hours in advance of their first checkout for the semester.
- Equipment can be reserved up to two weeks in advance.
- Most gear can be checked out for a maximum of two days.
- Equipment is limited to one piece of each type of equipment per person per reservation. For example, one person may check out a video camera, a tripod, and a microphone, but not two video cameras. See the Types of Equipment in Documentation.
- Reservations can be made via phone or in person. We cannot accept reservations through email or voicemail.
- To reserve, call (520) 621-0GTG (0484) or stop by the Gear-to-Go Center.
- Gear-to-Go equipment may not be used for for-profit use or taken outside of the United States.
- Borrowers must wait 48 hours after returning gear before they can reserve that type of gear again.
- Equipment is always due back by 3 PM on due date. For example, if the equipment is checked out on Monday at 10 AM, it will be due back on Wednesday no later than 3 PM. If the equipment is checked out on 5 PM on Wednesday, it will be due no later than Friday at 3 PM.
- Overdue equipment will result in the immediate suspension of your borrowing privileges, and a strike will be recorded on your account. After three strikes your borrowing privileges will be revoked indefinitely.
- Items that are overdue longer than seven days will result in a suspension of your privileges for 90 days. Please speak with a manager to make arrangements in the event of extenuating circumstances at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Some items will be identified as "prior authorization required." These items will require that you have a clean borrowing history of at least three consecutive transactions without incident and/or additional information for collection purposes in the case of lost or damaged items. Apply for prior authorization status by contacting the Gear-to-Go manager.
- Review the Gear-to-Go Policies in Documentation.