- Service Overview
- Eligibility & Costs
- Support, How-To’s & Info
UITS provides connectivity to the Internet and Internet2 for the University of Arizona campus and off-campus locations. Wireless connectivity is available through UAWiFi (on campus) and wired connectivity is available through Ethernet jacks. The 802.1x security protocol is implemented on both the wired and wireless networks
Connect devices wirelessly through UAWiFi.
To connect a desktop computer, laptop, server, gaming console, or other device to the campus network via an Ethernet jack, see Wired Network Registration. Please be aware UITS runs a secured network, and you will not be able to just add your own switch (hub or splitter) to a jack for additional devices.
See Dorm Data Services for more detailed dormitory connection recommendations.
Connectivity options for off-campus sites depend on distance, location, need, and cost. UITS provides an estimate for off-campus connection requests and works with the the requesting party to determine the best solution.
For new network service or to get an estimate, contact Telecommunications Services:
Please see the Support tab for further information on submitting requests.
To report trouble with an existing network service, contact the 24/7 IT Support Center:
- (520) 626-TECH (8324)
- 24/7 UAService ticket
UA departments receive installation and monthly service for individual workstation data connections included with University central funding.
UITS does charge for installation and service for auxiliary entities, and for installation of network cabling in capital construction projects. Request an estimate by contacting Telecommunications Services at UITSemail@example.com or (520) 621-8999.
Contact the 24/7 Support Center
UITS maintains a secured network and will work with you to find the best solution to meet your needs.
Prior to ordering a new on-campus connection, consider the following:
- Be ready to provide:
- Your building and room number.
- Whether there is no jack at all, a non-working jack that needs to be turned on, or a working jack that needs a switch (hub) for plugging in an additional device.
- Your KFS account number
- All requests require a KFS number for tracking. Departments are not charged for services on departmental KFS accounts.
- We do not accept federal grant accounts (accounts with a range of 3000000 through 4199990) for monthly service.
- If you are not a UA department, all charges will be billed against your monthly UITS telecom bill.
Please request new data connection service in advance to allow time for planning and installation. Allow one business day from submitting your request for UITS to research the cabling situation at your requested location and approve the best solution to meet your needs in the project location. Below are general guidelines on delivering new data connection service:
- Data port activations on existing jacks, with capacity available: 1-2 business days from approval of solution.
- Data port activations on existing jacks, with additional capacity required: 3-4 business days from approval of solution.
- New cabling/jack added to existing faceplates with spare capacity, in quantities of up to 5 jacks: 3 business days from approval of soution.
- New cabling/jacks added to existing faceplates with spare capacity, in quantities greater than 5 jacks: TBD based on quantity and current workload.
- New jacks in new locations requiring conduit work, concrete or masonry penetrations, asbestos abatement or other factors: TBD based on specific circumstances.