- Service Overview
- Eligibility & Costs
- Support, How-To’s & Info
UITS provides connectivity to the Internet and Internet2 for the University of Arizona campus and off-campus locations. Wireless connectivity is available through UAWiFi (on campus) and wired connectivity is available through Ethernet jacks.
To connect a desktop computer, laptop, gaming console, or other device to the campus network via an Ethernet jack, register your MAC address with the campus DHCP servers. Connect devices wirelessly through UAWiFi.
Connectivity options for off-campus sites depend on distance, location, need, and cost. UITS provides an estimate for off-campus connection requests and works with the the requesting party to determine the best solution.
Workstations: 10 Mb/s to 1000 Mb/s (depending on location)
On-campus buildings: 10 Gb/s (10,000Mb/s) is available by request for an additional cost.
For new network service or to get an estimate, contact Telecommunications Services:
To report trouble with an existing network service, contact the 24/7 IT Support Center:
- (520) 626-TECH (8324)
- 24/7 UAService ticket
UA departments included in the FTE funding model receive installation and monthly service for workstation data connections included with their FTE fee.
- FTE: Charges will be incurred only if a data jack is not already installed.
- Non-FTE: Recurring charges are only for data service (not for installation) and only for non-FTE entities.
Other departments or organizations affiliated with UA, can request an estimate by contacting Telecommunications Services at UITSemail@example.com or (520) 621-8999.
Contact the 24/7 IT Support Center
Prior to ordering a new on-campus connection, consider the following:
- Is there a data jack in place and available?
- If so, you will be asked for the building and room number for the new data connection.
- If not, you will need to request an estimate to have a new data jack installed when you order your data connection.
- Do you know your KFS account number?
- Installation charges are associated with all data network services and connections.
- These services may also have recurring monthly costs that must be paid by the campus entity.
- You will need a valid KFS account number to place an order for data services. We do not accept federal grant accounts (accounts with a range of 3000000 through 4199990) for either installation or recurring charges. If you are not a UA department, all charges will be billed against your monthly UITS telecom bill.