Classroom Response Devices (Clickers)
- Service Overview
- Eligibility & Costs
- Support, How-To’s & Info
Classroom Response Devices (clickers) enable students to answer questions asked by instructors during lectures. Instructors may also use responses from the devices to measure lecture attendance. The University of Arizona uses Turning Technologies classroom response devices.
Students: Purchase a clicker device from the UA Bookstores or directly from Turning Technologies, or download the Turning Point mobile app for your mobile device. See the Costs tab, above, for more information. For registration and more information, see the OIA Help pages for Students.
Instructors: For initially incorporating and setting up clickers, see the OIA Getting Started pages for Instructors and Faculty.
Available to UA faculty and students.
No cost for access to TurningPoint.
- Purchase from the UA Bookstore. A bundle including the clicker device and a five-year subscription license can be purchased from the UA Bookstore.
- Note: Financial aid can be used when purchasing directly from the bookstore.
- Purchase from Turning Technologies. A bundle including the clicker device and a five-year subscription license can also be purchased directly from Turning Technologies. Access the student online store at https://student.turningtechnologies.com.
- Note: Financial aid cannot be used when purchasing directly from the vendor.
- Mobile App. Turning Technologies mobile app is available in the Google or iOs App store. A paid subscription is needed to use the mobile app. To purchase a subscription, go to the Turning Technologies Student Store.
- Note: Using the mobile app alone (for use with your own personal mobile device rather than with a clicker) is NOT recommended. Some professors do not allow the use of personal mobile devices in class.