Classroom Response Devices (Clickers)
- Service Overview
- Eligibility & Costs
- Support, How-To’s & Info
Classroom Response Devices (clickers) enable students to answer questions asked by instructors during lectures. Instructors may also use responses from the devices to measure lecture attendance. The University of Arizona uses Turning Technologies classroom response devices.
Students: Purchase a clicker device from the UA Bookstores or directly from Turning Technologies, or download the ResponseWare app for your laptop or mobile device. See Costs and How-To's for more information.
Instructors: See How-To's for information and resources to set up clicker use in your classes.
Available to UA faculty and students.
No cost for access to TurningPoint Cloud.
- Purchase from the UA Bookstore. A bundle including the clicker device and a four-year ResponseWare license can be purchased from the UA Bookstore.
- Purchase from Turning Technologies. A bundle including the clicker device and a four-year ResponseWare license can also be purchased directly from Turning Technologies.
- Note: Financial aid cannot be used when purchasing directly from the vendor.
- Mobile App. ResponseWare is also available for personal devices (laptops, tablets, and smartphones) by purchasing a license from the Turning Technologies Student Store.
- Note: Purchasing the mobile app alone (for use with your own personal mobile device rather than with a clicker) is NOT recommended since some professors do not allow the use of personal mobile devices in class.