- Service Overview
- Eligibility & Costs
- Support, How-To’s & Info
Box is an online cloud storage and collaboration tool that enables users to easily store, access, and share files from anywhere, at any time, and from any device.
Box provides free accounts with 50 GB of storage to all current University of Arizona faculty, students, and staff. (Box accounts that were created when the service was first available at UA are 35GB. If you would like your account upgraded to 50GB, contact the 24/7 IT Support Center with your request.)
Account holders can upload content, organize files, share links to files, and manage file and folder permissions.
In addition to providing storage, Box allows faculty and staff to collaborate with colleagues by enabling content management, mobile access to files, online collaboration, FTP, and general document management.
NOTE: Box@UA still recognizes @email.arizona.edu as the address for faculty/staff/DCCs.
- Use @email.arizona.edu if asked for a login email or when sharing with Arizona colleagues.
- If someone shares files/folders with you using your @arizona.edu address you will not have access—ask them to reshare using your @email.arizona.edu address.
Get an Account, for faculty, staff and students:
- Visit account.arizona.edu and log in with your NetID and password.
- Click the Manage Your Accounts button on the left menu.
- Under Available Accounts, click on the Box button to create your account.
Box@UA Departmental Account Request
Departmental account request form for UA colleges and administrative units
Box@UA Health Account Request
HIPAA-compliant account request form for protected health information (PHI)
- All current University of Arizona faculty, students, and staff are eligible for Box@UA Education Accounts.
- Also available:
- Departmental accounts for UA colleges and administrative units
- Health accounts for online storage of protected health information (PHI)
Contact the 24/7 IT Support Center
The training for Box @ UA Health is located in UAccess Learning; search for Information Security: UA Box Health. It will help you understand the service and the best practices of its use, and is required, along with HIPAA training, before getting an account. The training takes approximately 15 minutes to complete.