- Service Overview
- Eligibility & Costs
- Support, How-To’s & Info
Effective 2/5/2021 - Changes to Box Trash
To bring the UA license for Box within compliance with Box's Higher Education terms and conditions, the setting for trash has been changed from 60 to 30 days.
What this means:
• Anything that was moved into trash prior to 2/5/2021 will retain the previous setting, and be purged 60 days after it was placed into trash.
• Anything that was moved into trash 2/5/2021 and going forward, will be purged 30 days after it is placed into trash.
Update on Box Terms with New 3-Year Contract Effective 7/1/2021
Effective July 1, 2021 conditions and terms have changed significally with Box. There is no longer 'unlimited' storage. All departmental and individual user accounts are capped at a combined total of 1,102TB of storage. User's are still provided with a 50GB cap account. More information on some of these changes and how they may impact you will be posted soon.
Box is an online cloud storage and collaboration tool that enables users to easily store, access, and share files from anywhere, at any time, and from any device.
Box provides free accounts with 50 GB of storage to all current University of Arizona faculty, students, and staff.
Account holders can upload content, organize files, share links to files, and manage file and folder permissions.
In addition to providing storage, Box allows faculty and staff to collaborate with colleagues by enabling content management, mobile access to files, online collaboration, FTP, and general document management.
NOTE: Employees, Box@UA still recognizes @email.arizona.edu as the address for faculty/staff/DCCs.
- Use <netid>@email.arizona.edu if asked for a login email or when sharing with Arizona colleagues.
- If someone shares files/folders with you using your @arizona.edu address you will not automatically have access unless you have added it as a secondary address. Ask them to reshare using your @email.arizona.edu address.
- To add @arizona.edu: In the upper right hand corner of your Box screen, click your account menu and choose Account Settings. Scroll down and click on Add Email. You can add <netid>@arizona.edu and/or a departmental email address (e.g., cals.arizona.edu).
Box Terms of Service - Effective March 15, 2020
Get an Account, for faculty, staff and students:
- Visit account.arizona.edu and log in with your NetID and password.
- Click the Manage Your Accounts button on the left menu.
- Under Available Accounts, click on the Box button to create your account.
Departmental account request form for UA colleges and administrative units
Box@UA Health Account Request
HIPAA-compliant account request form for protected health information (PHI)
- All current University of Arizona faculty, students, and staff are eligible for Box@UA Education Accounts.
- Also available:
- Departmental accounts for UA colleges and administrative units
- Health accounts for online storage of protected health information (PHI)
Contact the 24/7 Support Center
The training for Box @ UA Health is located in UAccess Learning; search for Information Security: UA Box Health. It will help you understand the service and the best practices of its use, and is required, along with HIPAA training, before getting an account. The training takes approximately 15 minutes to complete.