Amazon Web Services
- Service Overview
- Eligibility & Costs
- Support, How-To’s & Info
The University of Arizona's contract with Amazon Web Services (AWS) allows UA faculty, staff, and students (with a faculty/staff sponsor) to order, provision, and use self-service AWS cloud computing resources.
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud delivers scalable, pay-as-you-go compute capacity in the cloud.
- Auto Scaling allows you to automatically scale your Amazon EC2 capacity up or down according to conditions you define.
- Amazon Elastic Block Store provides block level storage volumes for use with Amazon EC2 instances. Amazon EBS volumes are off-instance storage that persists independently from the life of an instance.
- Amazon Simple Storage Service provides a fully redundant data storage infrastructure for storing and retrieving any amount of data, at any time, from anywhere on the Web.
- Amazon CloudWatch provides a monitoring system that will estimate Amazon Web Service charges.
- Amazon Web Service Support offers one-on-one support that operates 24/7 by Amazon's technical support engineers. AWS support also offers different levels of support.
For the complete and current list of services available, please visit Amazon Web Services.
Webforms in development.
UA IT Professionals are eligible to use this service.
With Cloud Services, you pay for what you use. For most services, there is no minimum fee. AWS also offers a Free Usage Tier program.
Except for the free usage tier, Amazon charges for:
- Use of its web services
- Bandwidth used for data transfer between Amazon web services and the Internet