3D Scanning and Printing
- Service Overview
- Eligibility & Costs
- Support, How-To’s & Info
The University Libraries and the Office of Student Computing Resources work together to provide 3D scanning and printing.
- 3D printers are located in both the Main Library (first floor) and the Health Sciences Library.
- 3D scanners for scanning objects to print are available for checkout at the Main Library and Science-Engineering Library.
- Software for editing 3D files is available in the OSCR Multimedia Zone in the Main Library (first floor).
- Assistance with using the 3D scanners and software is available from a Multimedia Consultant in the OSCR Multimedia Zone.
- Priority is for UA students, faculty, and staff.
- Non UA-affiliates may submit requests to the Main Library, but requests may be backlogged during peak use during the semester.
- UA affiliates and Banner employees may submit requests to the Health Sciences Library (specify this as your pickup location when submitting your 3D printing request).
Service Charge Cost:
There is a cost per gram for the filament used for 3D printing.
- See the University Libraries website for current pricing. Charges are added to your library account and must be paid before pickup. Non-UA users pay at the Express Document Center.
- 3D scanner checkout is free, although you are responsible for late, lost, or damaged items.
- OSCR lab software use and consultation are free of charge.