Newer and Better in Fall 2017
Start the 2017-18 school year with better classroom equipment, free software, expanded Office 365 benefits, and new mobile app features.
Classrooms: Students and faculty will enjoy updated rooms.
- Get a better wireless connection in campus’s 11 biggest classrooms. We upgraded UAWiFi to handle high loads.
- Do you prefer getting hands-on experience in class instead of listening to lectures? We converted 8 more classrooms for group work, nearly doubling the number of collaborative classrooms on campus.
- Instructors get brand new computers, projectors, and microphones in 15 more classrooms, thanks to the ongoing technology upgrade project.
Software: Every new student can now design reports, videos, or websites with free Adobe Creative Cloud accounts. Continuing students, faculty, and staff are also eligible. Check softwarelicense.arizona.edu for Adobe and for all the free and low-cost software available, like Microsoft Office 365 and Sophos Anti-Virus.
Email/Calendar: Faculty, staff, student workers with Catworks accounts, DCCs, and retirees are getting Microsoft’s Office 365 Email and Calendar features. Migration to UAConnect365 began in May, and will complete in October.
Mobile App: Arizona Mobile has lots of new features to keep you informed:
- Emergency updates.
- Move-In information for new students in residence halls.
- Nutrition stats for campus dining locations.
- SafeRide requests.
- CatTran alerts.
UITS continually works to improve technology services for the campus community. What new or better services would you like? Contact us.