IT Student Advisory Board
The Information Technology Student Advisory Board (ITSAB) articulates UA students’ needs regarding information technology to key stakeholders and assesses outcomes of technology initiatives from a student perspective. ITSAB is organized and convened under the auspices of the Office of the CIO to:
- Provide advice and guidance specifically to the UITS executive leadership on technology-related projects, initiatives, and activities that affect the student body including major technology projects and initiatives that may have a direct impact on the academic and research endeavors of the student community.
- Provide similar guidance upon request or self-initiated to other UA organizations, units or groups including but not limited to the University Library, Office of Instruction and Assessment (OIA), Residence Life, Associated Students of the University of Arizona (ASUA), Graduate and Professional Student Council (GPSC), colleges and departments.
- Research topics of interest to students, related to using information technology to support their academic experience. This includes not only in-class experience, but also using technology in all aspects of their student life.
- Assist in advocating to the student body on issues related to using technology to enhance their learning.
- Assist in educating the student community about technology resources, projects and initiatives, as well as associated policies.
- Assist the University in assessing student technology needs through the implementation of both formal and informal feedback mechanisms.