IT Student Advisory Board
The Information Technology Student Advisory Board (ITSAB) articulates UA students’ needs regarding information technology to key stakeholders and assesses outcomes of technology initiatives from a student perspective. ITSAB is organized and convened under the auspices of the Office of the CIO to:
- Provide advice and guidance specifically to the UITS executive leadership on technology-related projects, initiatives, and activities that affect the student body including major technology projects and initiatives that may have a direct impact on the academic and research endeavors of the student community.
- Provide similar guidance upon request or self-initiated to other UA organizations, units or groups including but not limited to the University Library, Office of Instruction and Assessment (OIA), Housing & Residence Life, Associated Students of the University of Arizona (ASUA), Graduate and Professional Student Council (GPSC), colleges and departments.
- Research topics of interest to students, related to using information technology to support their academic experience. This includes not only in-class experience, but also using technology in all aspects of their student life.
- Assist in advocating to the student body on issues related to using technology to enhance their learning.
- Assist in educating the student community about technology resources, projects and initiatives, as well as associated policies.
- Assist the University in assessing student technology needs through the implementation of both formal and informal feedback mechanisms.