IT Updates Over Summer 2020
University Information Technology Services is working on several projects to update systems, improve security, and refresh the look of campus services.
You can expect to see changes to:
- WebAuth Login: A new, Arizona-branded page for NetID and password logins is coming. The Guest Center login page is getting an update, too.
- Student Center: Students will get a newly re-designed look and navigation in UAccess, including a better mobile experience. We encourage staff who work with students to attend a preview session for a sneak peek.
- Degree Search: The degree discovery website for prospective students to search, filter, and compare majors has been revamped.
- 24/7 CatChat: The 24/7 Support Center chat option will migrate to the chat tool from Salesforce.org, thanks to Trellis. This will make the 24/7 chat consistent with chat experience provided by the SOS team.
- Remote Support: The 24/7 is also updating how they provide remote desktop support, switching to use Zoom for this service.
- Wired Network Registration: Rolling out by fall, when you use a desktop or laptop computer on the University wired network (i.e., connected by Ethernet cable), you may see a login, similar to when you log in to UAWiFi.
You can always check the Service Status Updates section on the right sidebar for notices when systems are scheduled to update.
If you have any questions about or issues with campus systems, call the 24/7 Support Center at (520) 626-TECH (8324) or chat with them at support.arizona.edu.