Faculty/Staff Email Migrations Will Begin Soon
Migration of individual accounts to the University's new cloud-based email and calendaring service, Microsoft's Office 365, will begin this month and continue into the summer.
The change affects faculty and staff, student employees using Catworks accounts, designated campus colleagues and retirees. Individuals will receive a notification when the process to copy their mailbox begins, and will be able to use their email as usual. A notice also will be sent when the migration is complete.
During the time the migration is in progress, services will continue to function even while some accounts are in the old system and some are in the new, said Tom Bourgeois, executive director for campus IT operations for University Information Technology Services.
- Before and after migration, users will continue to be able to access email online at email.arizona.edu.
- Users with strong delegation ties – such as a supervisor and an administrative assistant who sends email on the supervisor's behalf – will have their accounts migrated at the same time.
- Faculty and staff will still be able to make calendar meetings and send invitations to each other.
- They will be able to see free/busy time in calendars, although they will not be able to see calendar details for users on a different system.
- All Skype/instant messaging accounts will be migrated at one time.
Once a mailbox is migrated into the new UA system, called UAConnect365, there will be new requirements to log in:
- You will need a NetID password that was created on or after March 6.
- You will need to have enabled NetID+ two-factor authentication.
Read the full article in Lo Que Pasa.