Educated and Energized—IT Summit 2019
Two dynamic keynote speakers fired up the record crowd of 630 attendees at the seventh annual IT Summit on Tuesday, October 29, 2019.
- Jaime Casap reminded us that both the students we teach and the world we are educating them to move into are changing rapidly. According to Casap, instead of asking them what they want to be, it's better to ask them, "What problem do you want to solve?"
- Tania Katan encouraged us to bring the power of creative thinking into our work. Her favorite questions is, "Why not?"
Elsewhere at the event:
- Researchers and interested IT pros learned more about machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Attendees tried out a virtual reality environment and interacted with remote visitors via robot at the poster session and demo area.
- The Trellis CRM team explained various aspects of the constituent relationship management program the University is implementing.
- CIO Barry Brummund provided recommendations for leveling up performance and success.
- Attendees mingled and networked with each other and with industry representatives over breakfast, lunch, and the afternoon reception.
And much, much more. In 30 presentations over 7 tracks, plus 24 posters, campus peers and industry professionals shared their expertise and lessons learned with others eager to learn from their experience.
The summit's 13 sponsors again made this professional development and collaboration opportunity available at no cost to the University.
A big thanks to everyone who participated in IT Summit 2019! Stay tuned to itsummit.arizona.edu for 2020 IT Summit details.