Using Zoom for Audio Conferencing
Zoom works as an audio conferencing tool that can be used by landline, VoIP, cell phone, and computer audio access.
2. Fill in the information for your meeting.
If this will be an ongoing, regularly scheduled meeting, choose Recurring meeting and enter the information on when it is held.
Please note: Zoom is a tool for both audio and video conferencing. Video is turned off by default when scheduling new meetings, but attendees joining your audio conference from their computer will have the option to turn on their own video:
If you would like to use the same meeting ID for all audio conferencing, please check the Use Personal Meeting ID box when scheduling your meeting:
If you would like your callers to be able to enter the meeting before you dial in, please check the Enable join before host box when scheduling your meeting:
See Zoom Security Options for additional settings to consider.
3. Click Save.
4. Invite participants by calendar invite or by email:
Add the meeting information to your Outlook calendar: Click Outlook Calendar (.ics) to download the meeting information. Drag the downloaded .ics file and drop on your Outlook calendar. You can then edit the meeting information, add participants, etc.
Alternately, you can click Copy the invitation to capture the meeting information, then paste into an email to invitees. Edit as you wish.
You can edit the information provided by Zoom to delete info if your audience doesn't need it, e.g., international numbers, or the San Jose/New York labels on the call-in phone numbers. (Either US phone number will work regardless of call origination location, however the participants' usual carrier charges will apply.)
PARTICIPANTS: Dialing Your Audio Meeting
This information would be included in your meeting invitation, however for all Zoom meetings you can join by phone:
1. Dial an in-country Zoom telephone number
- In the US dial 1-646-876-9923 or 1-669-900-6833
- International numbers available at https://zoom.us/zoomconference
- Carrier charges will apply
2. Enter your meeting ID followed by a #
3. If the meeting has not already started and Join Before Host is not enabled, you will be prompted:
- If you are participant, press # to wait.
- If you are the host, enter the host key to start the meeting. Your host key can be found by logging in to https://arizona.zoom.us and selecting My Profile.
PARTICIPANTS: Alternately, Log Into Your Audio Meeting Online
This information would be included in your meeting invitation, however for all Zoom meetings you can join online:
1. Go to https://arizona.zoom.us and click Join.
2. Enter the Meeting ID Number and click the Join button.
3. If you do not have the Zoom app, download it. In the Zoom app, you can use your computer's speakers and microphone to participate in the audio meeting.