University of Arizona AWS Contract
The University of Arizona has a contract with Amazon Web Services (AWS) that provides assurances regarding the security and privacy of customer information stored on AWS’s systems. The UA contract with AWS takes precedence if there is a conflict with the AWS posted terms or policies.
So what's in the UA AWS Contract?
Here are some of the key points that are included in the UA/AWS contract and terms of service:
- UA owns our content, AWS has no ownership rights. [Attachment A, section 8.1]
- As a customer, you may specify the AWS regions in which your content will be stored. stores your data in the geographic region you specify. [Attachment A, section 3.2]
- AWS agrees to "reasonable and appropriate measures" to secure the AWS data center facilities, servers, networking equipment and host software systems that are in AWS’s control. [Attachment A, section 3.1]
- AWS will notify us of any requests for UA information, to the extent permitted by law. [Attachment A, section 3.3]
- UA is responsible for identifying the accounts that fall under the enterprise agreement. [Attachment A, section 1.2] To identify your account as participating in the agreement, send an email to xxxxx to request that your account should be covered by the UA AWS Enterprise Agreement terms. Your email must include your AWS twelve-digit account number.
- UA is responsible for responding to third-party requests for UA information. [Attachment A, section 4.1]
- Third-party content that is available through AWS may be governed by separate terms and conditions, including separate fees and charges. AWS may not have tested or screened third-party content. [Attachment A, section 1.4]
- AWS agrees to let us know in advance about changes to the service or terms of the agreement. [Attachment A, sections 2.1 and 2.2]
- AWS can suspend accounts if there is a security risk to AWS service offerings or if the end user is not in compliances with the AWS Acceptable Use Policy (ref: http://aws.amazon.com/aup/). [Attachment A, section 6.1]
- AWS will notify us about any security breach of our data. [Attachment B, section 3]
- AWS acknowledges and agrees to comply with FERPA requirements. [Amendment 1, section 4]