UITS and Client Responsibilities for Colocation
- Provide physical security for all servers in the facility.
- Provide proper cooling and environmental monitoring for all servers at the facility.
- Provide uninterrupted power to all servers at the facility.
- Provide access to the campus ethernet. 1Gb or 10Gb are the options for bandwidth.
- Provide Subnets and IP addresses for servers.
- Provides firewall protection for servers. The default behavior is to block all traffic. The client must inform UITS of the ports that need to be opened and the services that run on the ports.
- UITS requires and will supply a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for the customer to sign prior to installation.
- Requires that all servers be under manufacturer’s warranty or maintenance. UITS does not provide hardware maintenance.
- Racking or removal of customer equipment in the facility.
- Provide escorted access for the client to the server upon verification of identity.
- Record the escort activity in the Logbook.
- Provide the document of standards and specifications.
- Customers will complete the Colocation Information form and discuss with UITS for agreed understanding of the requirements. The form is generated in Cherwell. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Customers are responsible for repairs to their equipment. UITS does not perform repairs.
- Customers must show valid identification by CatCard or driver’s license prior to being escorted into the data center.
- Production servers must be in Computer Center building.
- Provide a Call-In Password for verification by Operations staff before actions are taken on their equipment by Proxy. The phone number for call-in actions is 621-2971.