UAConnect365 Configuration Settings (IMAP)
It is highly recommended you use Outlook 2016, which uses your NetID password and works with NetID+ login. Alternatively, local IT staff can update the registry key for your Outlook 2013 to work with NetID+ login. With these two Outlook versions, in account settings, use <netid>email.arizona.edu in the Exchange account option to have your account automatically configured for you. (Instructions from Microsoft support.)
Outlook 2013 that is not updated and older Outlook versions can be used with the IMAP settings and an app password, but they will not be able to access Calendar, only Mail.
If you are using Apple Mail and Calendar on a Mac, see UAConnect365 Configuration Settings - Macs instead for complete instructions.
Use the following configuration settings to set up UAConnect365 in all other email software on your desktop or laptop, or to check whether your email is properly configured.
Fill out as many of these account settings as your software asks for.
- Name: [your name]
- Email and/or Username: <netid>@email.arizona.edu [Fully spelled out, not just NetID!]
- If you are using Outlook 2016, or Outlook 2013 that has been updated by IT staff, enter your UA NetID password.
- If you are using any other email software, generate an app password to enter here. Note: This is not the Secondary (CatMail) Password emailed to you when your NetID password is created/changed.
Incoming mail server setting:
- Server name: outlook.office365.com
- Port: 993
- Encryption method: TLS
Outgoing email server setting:
- Server name: smtp.office365.com
- Port: 587
- Encryption method: STARTTLS
You can also find these settings in Office 365 online. (How to log in.) Look under Settings (cog wheel in the upper right)>Your App Settings>Mail and then in the left navigation pane under POP and IMAP. More information from Microsoft.