UAConnect Room Resource and Equipment Accounts
A Room Resource Account is an object in the UAConnect Calendar that represents a room. The resource can be invited to meetings just like people can be invited. The owner of a Room Resource Account can customize the settings for the account.
The resource owner is able to set the procedures for reserving a room for the department. Clarify whether choosing a room in Outlook guarantees the use of the room at that time.
Who Can Schedule (Invite) the Room Resource?
The default setting is that anyone using the UAConnect calendar can schedule the room resource. However, the owner can change this so that, when someone includes the room resource as an invitee to a meeting, the owner (or someone delegated by the owner) approves or denies the request.
How to Schedule (Invite) a Room Resource
The default setting is that anyone using UAConnect Calendar can schedule a room resource. However, the owner of the room resource can change this so that, when someone includes the room resource as an invitee to a meeting, the owner (or someone delegated by the owner) approves or denies the request.
- When creating a meeting proposal, invite the room resource either by adding them the same way you would add a person, or by clicking Add Rooms in the Scheduling Assistant. (In this case, rooms really means resources.)
- Once you've added the room resource to your invitation, review its free/busy time, just like you can for the people you've invited.
Room Resource Accounts do not allow scheduling conflicts; that is, if the resource already has an event scheduled for a particular time, no one else can invite the room resource to another event.
Who Can See the Calendar for the Room Resource?
The default setting is that anyone can see the Room Resource's free/busy status while using the Scheduling Assistant to set up an event. In order to view the Room Resource Account's calendar directly, like you would view your own calendar, the owner (or someone delegated by the owner) must give you access permissions.
Who Can Change the Settings for the Room Resource Account?
Only the owner (or someone delegated by the owner) can adjust the settings for the Room Resource Account.
- Owners: configure how the Room Resource Account can be scheduled, including:
- Automatic scheduling vs. request to schedule
- Maximum meeting length
- Whether recurring meetings are allowed
- Various privacy settings
- Owners: adjust permissions to view and/or edit the Room Resource Account using Outlook
Who Can Request a New Room Resource Account?
The calendar administrators for a department or unit are the only individuals who can request that Room Resource Accounts be created, deleted, or modified. These individuals should submit requests via the UAConnect Resource Account Request form.