UAConnect Mobile Options
Mobile Setup Settings
When you go to your device's Settings to add UAConnect to your device's email, use these settings.
UAConnect is a Miscrosoft Exchange email system. On a Windows mobile device, Outlook is built in.
- Email address: [yournetid]@email.arizona.edu
- Username: [Your UA NetID]
- Password: [Your UA NetID password]
- If your device asks for Domain, use Catnet
- If your device asks for Server, use mail.catnet.arizona.edu
- If your device asks for Outgoing Server, use smtpgate.email.arizona.edu
If you are have noticed missing calendar appointments (e.g., lost meetings, delegate issues) UAConnect itself is usually not the root of the problem, the mail clients and their connectivity (ActiveSync, iOS devices, BlackBerries) tend to be the culprits. One issue is sync timing. For instance, if someone accepts a meeting at 9:00 a.m. on an iPhone and a delegate declines it at 9:10 a.m. on a PC, but the iPhone is out of signal range and does not sync the meeting until say 9:30 a.m., what happens to the meeting?
Tips to Lessen Frequency of Calendaring Issues
- Run the same version of Outlook on all of your computers at work and home.
- See that your delegates use the same version of Outlook, and have no more than two delegates if possible.
- Make sure your mobile device has the latest OS/iOS version. Often new devices do not, so be sure to check for updates, and do so BEFORE adding your UAConnect account to the device.
- Manage your calendar exclusively from Outlook or OWA. Do not accept, decline, modify, or invite others to appointments from your mobile device. You can, however, create new appointments on your mobile device, (e.g., add one while checking out at a doctor's office).
- To change an entire series of meetings, cancel the original meeting and create a new one. To change one instance, cancel just that meeting and create a new one to replace it.
- A "corrupt" meeting will remain that way until you delete it. If it is a recurring appointment, delete all occurrences and reschedule it.