Terms and Conditions
- Virtual servers hosted by UITS will run on physical servers operated by UITS.
- UITS houses all host servers in a physically secure, temperature-regulated environment.
- UITS provides uninterrupted power to all host servers. Power at the Computer Center facility includes dual feeds from separate city power grids and a standby diesel powered generator.
- UITS will provide IP addresses for virtual servers.
- UITS provides firewall protection for virtual servers. The default behavior is to block all traffic. The client must inform UITS of the ports that need to be opened and the services that run on the ports.
- UITS monitors all host servers 24/7 for continuous operation and provides continuous on-call coverage by qualified system administrators. Monitoring of hosted virtual servers available at additional cost.
- UITS host servers are under manufacturer’s warranty.
- Client must provide licensed server and application software (unless provided through campus agreements) .
- Disks for virtual servers are located on a SAN environment configured at RAID 5 or better.
- Clients supporting virtual servers provisioned by UITS will have access to the servers to install software and perform other system administration activities. Access will occur through RDP for Windows-based servers and SSH for Unix-based servers.