Operator Assisted Telephone Conferencing How-To's
Scheduling a Conference Call
All conference calls are set up ahead of time, preferably a minimum of 24 hours in advance. To schedule a conference, call the campus operators at (520) 621-2211, Monday-Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM.
At times, space for conference calls can be limited, so try to set up your conference well in advance.
To set up a conference
The operator will issue you an authorization code, local phone number, and a toll free number (if requested) to give to your participants: (520) 626-8109, (602) 827-8109, or (866) 218-6651
You will need to provide the campus operator the following information in advance:
- Your first and last name and the host’s name
- Date, time, and duration of the conference
- Number of participants, including how many are local and how many are remote and using the toll-free number
- For billing the conference call, the host’s KFS billing account number and department name
- Your phone number and the host’s phone number
To participate in a conference
Conferees call the conference telephone number at the scheduled time and enter the conference authorization code when prompted. You will then hear a beep each time a conferee has entered the conference.
If a conferee enters an incorrect conference authorization code or does not remember the code, the conferee will be directed to a campus operator for assistance.
Note: A conference can be conducted in "broadcast mode," in which the host can speak but the other conferees can only listen.