Getting Started with Skype for Business
Members of the campus community who have UAConnect365 email can use the Office 365 Skype for Business to instant message (IM), video chat, and share screens with each other.
Follow the steps below to
- Use Skype in your browser
- Download and install Skype software
- Set up and log into Skype software
- Set up and log into Skype mobile app
Choose Skype for Business from the left menu and click the Install button.
- Mac users, do not download and install Lync. It will not work with the NetID+ requirement for UAConnect365. Choose Skype for Business on Mac.
Install the software on your computer.
Configure and Sign In to Skype for Business
In the Skype sign-in window, use <netid>@email.arizona.edu as both your sign-in address and your domain.
- Do not use the catnet\<netid> domain.
In the UA sign-in window, sign in with your NetID and password.
Authenticate with NetID+.
- You will not be able to use the usual “Remember me for 30 days” checkbox, but Skype will remember your NetID+ login.
If you receive a certificate warning, check the Always trust box and click Connect.
You can now use Skype for Business on your desktop.
Configure and Sign In to Skype for Business Mobile App
Download and install Skype for Business from your device's app store.
In the Skype sign-in window, enter <netid>@email.arizona.edu, then click Advanced options.
On the Advanced Options screen, tap HTTP Proxy.
Enter <netid>@email.arizona.edu as the Domain.
Click the arrow on the upper left to return to the previous screen.
Click the arrow on the upper left to return to the Skype sign-in screen.
Enter <netid>@email.arizona.edu and your password, and hit Return.
In the UA login window, enter your NetID and password.
On the Duo screen, use your preferred NetID+ authentication method.
You may get a redirect window to mail.catnet.arizona.edu. It does not matter whether you tap Continue or Cancel.
You can now use Skype for Business on your mobile device.