Forwarding CatMail to Another Email Account
You can access CatMail with one of several university-supported email clients such as Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2011 for Mac, MacMail or a mobile device using POP/IMAP configurations. If you are considering forwarding your University of Arizona email to a non-university account, please be aware that such accounts may not offer the same security or privacy that your UA account does. Never use ANY email account to transfer confidential data, such as financial information, passwords, Social Security numbers, credit-card numbers, employment records, or grades.
You can turn forwarding on or off and change which email addresses are being used as often as you like. Please note that forwarding is not retroactive, meaning that the messages you received before you set up the forwarding will not be re-delivered to the addresses you added.
Use the instructions below or go to Google's POP/IMAP webpage for information such as the names for Google email servers (e.g., imap.gmail.com, smtp.gmail.com, etc.).
- Log into Mail.
- Go to Settings.
- Go to Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Enter the email address to forward to.
- Follow the directions given for either POP or IMAP.
- Use your email@example.com address as your username.
- Use your secondary CatMail password when configuring your application or device—not your NetID password.
- If you lose your CatMail password or need to change it, visit the NetID site and click Reset UA CatMail Password.
Note: When using Google's instructions, be sure to use your full UA email address as the username and your CatMail secondary password as the password. If the secondary password is not working, try entering your information here:
If it still does not work, reset your secondary password here.