Digital Telephone Features
Learn how to use some of the time-saving features of your telephone. The following instructions are for using the keypad or preassigned feature buttons.
Note: If your department has its own telephone equipment that is connected to the university telephone system, your telephone feature instructions may be different from the following. Consult your telephone equipment representative.
Call Forwarding redirects your calls to another phone.
There are three types of Call Forwarding:
- Call Forwarding All forwards all calls.
- Call Forwarding Busy* forwards calls if your phone is busy.
- Call Forwarding No Answer* forwards calls if no answer within three to five rings.
*Note: If you have Voicemail, you will not be able to use Call Forwarding Busy or Call Forwarding No Answer. These features are programmed to go to voicemail if busy/not answered.
To Activate Call Forwarding
- With phone hung up, press Call Forward button on your phone.
- The green light will come on next to your Forward feature button to indicate the line is forwarded.
If this feature button is on your phone, it is forwarded to a pre-programmed number. You also won't be able to use any of the forwarding methods below if you have this feature button.
- Lift the handset.
- Dial the sequence below for the type of Call Forwarding you wish to use:
- Call Forwarding All: dial * 72
- Call Forwarding Busy: dial * 90
- Call Forwarding No Answer: dial * 92
- You will hear a dial tone.
- Dial the 7-digit phone number to which you are forwarding your calls. Wait about five seconds to hear three short beeps confirming that Call Forwarding has been activated.
To Cancel Call Forwarding
- With the phone hung up, press Call Forward button on your phone.
- Lift the handset.
- Dial the sequence below for the type of Call Forwarding you wish to cancel:
- Call Forwarding All: dial * 73
- Call Forwarding Busy: dial * 91
- Call Forwarding No Answer: dial * 93
- You will hear three short beeps confirming that Call Forwarding has been canceled.
- Hang up.
Feature Activation Codes
*52: Call Hold
*67: Outbound Caller ID block (per-call basis)
*66: Automatic Callback activate
*86: Automatic Callback de-activate
*72: Call Forward All activate
*73: Call Forward All de-activate
*90: Call Forward Busy activate
*91: Call Forward Busy de-activate
*92: Call Forward No Answer activate
*93: Call Forward No Answer de-activate
*99: Call Pick Up