Department and Service Email Accounts
Department and service accounts can be used to send email from a department or group, rather than a specific individual (e.g. FSO-ITSupport, NROTC, or Alumni.) As a member of the group with access to the account, you will be able to send and view the account's mailbox folders and calendar while signed in to your own UAConnect account.
Eligible UA faculty and staff with a UAConnect account.
There are no costs for this service.
- You can send as or send on behalf of the email account. For example, if your department account is named 'FSO-ITSupport' when using that account, your email will appear to be from FSO-ITSupport@email.arizona.edu
- This account also comes with its own Calendar, Task list, and the ability to set up mailing lists containing internal and external email addresses.
- This account provides a central storage place for department/group messages, with the ability to create sub-folders for organization purposes.
- The department "owner" of the account can manage access for other users. They will be able to add or remove access to the account as needed, and apply different permissions such as read-only, or modify and delete.
- As a way to manage licensing costs, the account will expire after one year. If you wish to keep the account active, it must be renewed annually.
- UITS will not set a forward for a departmental account to an outside email provider.
- Department email accounts are for University of Arizona departmental business only.
Only full-time UA faculty/staff may be registered as department email account owners. We do not allow students, temporary hires, or part-time faculty/staff to be registered owners. If ownership changes or is anticipated to change, the department should notify the 24/7 IT Support Center of the specific changes in writing or email. The request must originate from either the existing account owner, or the dean, director, or department head.
This policy is subject to change without notice. Date revised: June 30, 2003.
Any UA department is eligible for a departmental email account, provided there is a valid department number. You will need to complete the following:
Submit a letter of justification from the Dean, Director, or Department Head and fax to (520) 626-2805 or send via campus mail to:
24/7 IT Support Center
PO Box 210073
1077 N. Highland Avenue
Attn: Accounts Administration
Service Accounts are exactly the same as shared Departmental accounts, including the same benefits and considerations. There is one difference however, and that is the need for a separate password for the account. This is provided so that programs and applications can send and receive email from the Service Account.
These accounts are created solely for the use of software applications or services that need to send and receive email.
Other Service Requests
Using Department or Shared Accounts
For delegates on Departmental or Service accounts, see the instructions for Accessing and Managing mailboxes under Share Mailbox at Microsoft Outlook Email Support Pages.