Create Voicemail PIN
You will need a PIN to set up your voicemail, listen to your messages, and manage your settings by phone. To keep your voicemail secure, be sure to to keep your PIN private. Change it often and do not share it with anyone. If you forget your PIN, you can create a new one as indicated below.
- Your PIN must contain:
- At least four digits (numerals only, no other characters). 24 digits is the maximum PIN size.
- Your PIN must NOT contain:
- Your primary extension number or its reverse
- All consecutive digits (e.g., 1234, 9876)
- A digit repeated consecutively more than twice (e.g., 2222)
- A numeric representation of your first name, last name, or any combination of them
- You cannot reuse any of the last three PINs you have created
Create a PIN on a New Voicemail Account
- Dial in to Unity Connection Voicemail.
- If your work phone is a Tucson number (520), dial 621-4000
- If your work phone is a Phoenix number (602), dial 827-4000
- If your work phone is a Yuma number (928), dial 782-5899
- Enter your new temporary PIN provided to you by Telecommunications Services.
- Create a new PIN (must be four numbers or more) when prompted to do so.
Change your PIN Online
You will not need your current PIN to do this. You can create a new one using the Cisco Unity Connection Web Inbox. (If you get an error message clicking the link, copy and paste https://voicemail.arizona.edu/inbox/ into your browser.)
- Log in using your NetID and password (or your alternate login and password if this is for a departmental or secondary Unity account).
- In the top menu, under Settings > Passwords, choose Change PIN.
- Enter a new PIN.
- Retype the new PIN and click Save. You can now use this new PIN when you call in to check messages.
Change your PIN Over the Phone
You will need your current PIN to do this. If you do not have it, you will have to create a new one online (see above).
Go to the Accessing your Voicemail Account page for the directions for your calling location (your own campus phone, another campus phone, or off campus).
- When prompted, enter your current PIN.
- When you reach the main menu, press 4 for Setup Options.
- Press 3.
- Press 1.
- When prompted, enter your new PIN.