Changing Your Password for UAWiFi
If your NetID password is changed, and you want to connect to UAWiFi, you will need to follow the instructions below.
In Windows 10
1. Press Win+I to open the Settings app. Select Network & Internet and click on Wi-Fi in the left panel. Click on Manage Wi-Fi Settings.
2. Under Manage Known Networks, select the Network, and click on Forget. This will delete the Wireless Network’s profile and connection details.
4. Connect to the desired network using the current credentials.
In Windows 8
1. In PC Settings, go to the Connection section.
2. In the Connections section, click on the the Wi-Fi and the Manage Known Networks link.
3. A list of wireless networks with connection details will be displayed.
4. Select the network you want to forget and click Forget.
5. The selected network is no longer stored and the next time you connect to it, you will have to enter its password.
In Windows 7
- Start Network and Sharing Center.
- In the Tasks pane, click Manage wireless networks.
- Right-click the connection you want to delete, and click Remove Network.
- In the Manage Wireless Networks - Warning dialog box, click OK.
- Connect to the desired network using the current credentials.
In Mac OS 10.9 – 10.12
2. Open a Finder window and navigate to Applications -> Utilities.
3. Launch the Keychain Access application. Go -> Utilites -> Keychain Access or hit command + space –> type “keychain access.”
4. Type UAWifi in the search box. Delete any login items you might find.
5. Type uawireless.arizona.edu in the search box. Delete any items you find.
6. Type catnet.arizona.edu in the search box. Delete any items you find.
7. Launch System Preferences -> click Network -> select Wi-Fi -> click Advanced… -> click the UAWiFi entry and click the small minus sign at the bottom of the list to remove it.
8. Click OK and Apply.
9. Next time you connect to UAWiFi, you will be asked for your username and password.
10. Enter your NetID username and new password.
11. If you are prompted to accept a certificate, make sure it is from uawireless.arizona.edu and, if so, choose to always trust it and continue.
If you have any questions or problems, please visit the The 24/7 IT Support Center or call 520-626-TECH (8324).