Catworks UAConnect Accounts for Student Workers
Student workers who need to share calendars, delegate email or calendar, or share IM with career staff can be provisioned with a UAConnect account called Catworks. Their email address will be <netid>@catworks.arizona.edu.
Request a Catworks account for a student worker by going to https://netid.arizona.edu/uaconnect/studentemp/
- You will have the choice to provide the student employee with just an email/calendaring account, or just a Lync instant messaging and conferencing account, or both of these.
- Students will continue to receive email at firstname.lastname@example.org through CatMail, separate from their Catworks account. However some faculty/staff email from their academic department may route to their Catworks account in error. They should be made aware, and follow the directions below.
- Student employee accounts will be automatically deleted 30 days after their employment is terminated.
For Student Workers
If the department you work for provisions you with a Catworks account, you can interact with your co-workers through the UAConnect365 mail/calendar service they use. See more information about UAConnect365, and ask your supervisor or the department's IT staff if you have questions.
When on a Microsoft login page, use <netid>@email.arizona.edu, even though your actual address is catworks.arizona.edu.
You will continue to receive email at <netid>@email.arizona.edu through CatMail, separate from your Catworks account. However some faculty/staff email from your academic department may end up in your Catworks account in error. Set a Forward on your Catworks account so that all your email goes to Catmail and you do not lose any important messages.
- Follow instructions for How to Set or Stop an Email Forward in Office 365.
- Use <netid>@catmail.arizona.edu as the address to forward to.
- Click the checkbox Keep a copy of forwarded messages.
- If your work department sends calendar invites or has email/calendar delegatation work for you from within Office 365, the invites and emails should be dealt with using the copies within Office 365. Working with them in Catmail will introduce errors.