Catworks UAConnect365 Accounts for Student Workers
Student workers who need to share calendars, delegate email or calendar, or share IM with career staff can be provisioned with a UAConnect365 account called Catworks. Their email address will be <netid>@catworks.arizona.edu.
Be aware that adding a UAConnect365 account for students can cause email from professors or other faculty/staff they interact with for academic purposes to be delivered to their work email account, rather than their Catmail account.
- Do not create a Catworks account for student workers unless necessary for work functions.
- If you do create the account, share the below information with them. Recommend they forward their email to their catmail.arizona.edu address, unless you have confidentiality concerns.
- Request the account be deleted after their employment has terminated.
For Student Workers
If the department you work for provisions you with a Catworks account, you can interact with your co-workers through the UAConnect365 mail/calendar service they use. See more information about UAConnect365, and ask your supervisor or the department's IT staff if you have questions.
Check this account regularly, as email from other UA faculty or staff, such as your professors, may be delivered to Catworks instead of to CatMail.
When on a Microsoft login page, use <netid>@email.arizona.edu, even though your actual address is catworks.arizona.edu.
- Step-by-step instructions.
You will continue to receive email at <netid>@email.arizona.edu through CatMail, separate from your Catworks account.
However, some faculty/staff email from your academic department may end up in your Catworks account in error. You can ensure an email goes to your CatMail if you ask the sender to send to <netid>@catmail.arizona.edu.
If your work involves sensitive information (e.g., College of Medicine, ResLife, etc.), do not set a Forward on your Catworks account. Ask your supervisor for guidance.
- Check your account regularly and manually forward individual emails you need to keep for schoolwork to <netid>@catmail.arizona.edu as needed.
- Ask your supervisor or your work department's IT staff if you are not sure.
If you do not work with sensitive information, set a Forward on your Catworks account so that all your email goes to CatMail and you do not lose any important messages.
- Follow instructions for How to Set or Stop an Email Forward in Office 365.
- Use <netid>@catmail.arizona.edu as the address to forward to.
- Click the checkbox Keep a copy of forwarded messages.
- If your work department sends calendar invites or has email/calendar delegation work for you from within Office 365, the invites and emails should be dealt with using the copies within Office 365. Working with them in CatMail will introduce errors.