CatMail Mobile Setup
Set up CatMail on your smartphone or tablet email app with these settings.
There are two options when you go to your device's Settings to add CatMail to your device's email.
Automatic Google Setup
CatMail is a Google email system. If your device offers an automatic Google account setup when you add a new email account in your email settings:
- Enter your email address: [yournetid]@email.arizona.edu
- This should send you to a WebAuth login. Enter your Username: [Your UA NetID] and Password: [Your UA NetID password].
- Your device will automatically fill in the settings for you.
If your device does not do automatic Google account setup:
Log in to your CatMail account online and make sure IMAP is enabled.
- Log in at catmail.arizona.edu.
- Click on Settings in the top menu.
- Click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Click on Enable IMAP and then on Save Changes.
Go to your device and add a new email account in your email settings.
For your Username, enter your email address: [yournetid]@email.arizona.edu
Depending on your email software:
You may need to select the Other Account option to get the IMAP/POP option.
You may need to log into the security settings of Google to Allow less secure apps.
For your password, use [your secondary CatMail password]. This was emailed to you when you created or changed your NetID password.
- If you do not have it, go to https://netid.arizona.edu and click Reset Secondary (CatMail) Password.
- You will need to know your Student ID number, PIN, Birthdate, and Secret Hint answer.
- There is assistance available if you do not have all of this information.
- Fill in each of the information fields in the process.
- Your new secondary (CatMail) password will be emailed to you. Log in at catmail.arizona.edu to retrieve your secondary password.
Fill in any of these Incoming Server Settings your device asks for:
Server Name: imap.gmail.com
Security Type: SSL
Fill in any of these Outgoing Server Settings your device asks for:
SMTP Server Name: smtp.gmail.com
Security Type: SSL
Require Sign-In: Yes (check)
Password: [your secondary CatMail password]