CatMail services powered by Google Apps for Education are provided to University of Arizona students via an agreement with Google, Inc. as an official means of communication between you (the student) and the university. By accessing these electronic resources, you understand:
- You are responsible for monitoring this electronic messaging account for official communication from the university.
- The university is not responsible for the content of any Gadgets added by you to the start page.
- The university is not responsible for data loss, and there is no mechanism for recovering deleted files.
This electronic environment is a University of Arizona resource and property of Google, Inc. The following policies apply to its use:
- Policy on Acceptable Use of Computers and Networks at The University of Arizona
- University of Arizona Electronic Mail Policy
The University of Arizona does not provide direct support for these resources. Please see the Google Help Center.
You are responsible for the security of your email account. The best passwords are at least eight characters long, have both upper and lower case letters, and contain at least one number and one special character. It is important that you change your password regularly (every few months) to prevent someone else from accessing your personally identifiable information. The University of Arizona is not responsible for unauthorized access to your email account.
This service is intended only for students. Accounts are not provided for faculty to conduct official university business. Some faculty members may discover that they have a Google account. This is due to previous interactions with the university in the role of a student or prospective student. Faculty may obtain an account from Google to explore the use of Google Apps.