24/7 Chat and Remote Assistance
Live Chat Now!
Technical support via live chat allows you to work online with the 24/7 IT Support Center's knowledgeable technical staff. If you prefer, the center’s technical consultants can even set up a remote connection to see exactly what you see on your computer, allowing them to work directly on it.
Remote assistance allows 24/7 support staff to help you from their desks wherever you are (as long as you can connect to the Internet), provides a secure connection between your computer and the computer being used to help you, and saves you the inconvenience of coming to the center.
You may initiate a live chat yourself at any time from http://support.arizona.edu, or a technical consultant from the 24/7 may recommend a chat during a phone consultation and send you an email with an invitation link.
Bomgar is the screen-sharing software used by the 24/7 support staff to connect to your computer remotely. With an Internet connection, Bomgar can reach you whether you are across campus or around the world. When you contact the 24/7 IT Support Center, assistance is generally available right away. Or, if you prefer to set up a designated time, just provide a phone number and the best time to call so the staff can coordinate a time to help you remotely.
- Windows Mobile
- Go to http://support.arizona.edu.
- Log in with your UA NetID and password.
- On the Support Portal page, fill in the boxes labeled Your Name and Describe Your Issue.
- Click the Submit button.
- Download the client application. Depending on how the security settings are configured on your computer, you may be prompted to accept the download.
- Launch the application.
- A customer agreement screen will appear:
- If you click Decline, your consultant will be able to chat with you but not see or control your computer.
- If you click Accept, your consultant will be able to chat with you and see and control your computer.
- When your chat session is ending, click the request for the software to be automatically removed from your computer. You will be able to view and download a recording of your session and acquire a chat transcript.
- Please take time to complete the survey. Any feedback you provide helps us to serve you better.
- The screen-sharing software does not enable 24/7 support staff to connect to and take control of your computer at any time. You must run the software each time to allow a connection and sharing to take place.
- You can revoke the 24/7 support staff's control of your computer at any time by clicking on the red X button on the client program.
- Please do not move the mouse while the support staff is in control. Doing so will cause the screen-sharing software to behave slowly and could cause a technical consultant to click somewhere unintended, potentially lengthening the time to resolution.